Chocolate Cookies with Nutella Recipe
ohOur original two-chocolate cookie with a sticky Nutella center. This recipe is so versatile: you can leave it plain or stuff it with any chocolate spread you like. Reheat the cookies for 30 seconds in the microwave on full power once cool, or better yet, enjoy them warm out of the oven. These cookies don’t last very long in our bakery – our team also brings them home most of the time!
Preparation time: 2 hours 30 minutes, freezing included | Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 12 tablespoons of Nutella
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 125g of caster sugar
- 175 g light and soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 550g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 10g of cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 500 g of milk chocolate chips, plus a supplement for the tops
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Place 12 tablespoons of Nutella on a lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for a few hours until frozen. These will be the toppings for the cookies; the frost prevents them from escaping.
- Preheat the oven to 220C / 200C Hot air / Gas 7.
- Place the butter in a blender (or use a hand-held electric whisk) and mix on medium speed until smooth and light in color.
- Add the two sugars, eggs and egg yolk and beat together until blended.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix everything together.
- Weigh the cookie dough into 12 portions of 150 g each and form balls.
- Divide each ball in half and squeeze a ball of frozen Nutella in the middle. Press the two halves again and roll them into a firm ball.
- Place the balls on the lined baking sheets and flatten them slightly. Add chocolate chips on top of cookies.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes. (If you are cooking in batches, put them in the refrigerator until they are ready to be cooked.) Let cool on the trays.
Recipe from Finch Bakery: Sweet Homemade Treats and Showstopper Celebration Cakes by Lauren and Rachel Finch (DK, £ 20), available at The telegraphic bookstore