Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins [Vegan] – A green planet
These vegan chocolate pumpkin muffins are the essence of fall baking! The spicy pumpkin swirls around layers of chewy chocolate for the ultimate fall treat.
Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup mashed pumpkin
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plant-based yogurt
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Butter a muffin tin or line with muffin tins.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Put aside.
- Combine pumpkin puree with powdered sugar and light brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the yogurt, vegan butter and vanilla extract and whisk until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour half the batter into a second bowl and add the cocoa powder.
- Pour the pumpkin and cocoa nibs into the muffin pan, alternating between the doughs until cups are ¾ full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Lift onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
Comments are closed.