Red Fife Double Chocolate Cookies
by Lois Hoffman
The author’s double chocolate biscuits, which are made with 50% ‘Red Fife’ flour.
about 33 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup 100% Dutch processed cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1-1/2 cups ‘Red Fife’ flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, oil, applesauce and sugars. Mix eggs and water. Add the cocoa, and mix again.
- Mix the remaining ingredients.
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Drop the dough by heaped tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are set. Let cool on a cookie sheet.
‘Red Fife’ Rustic Wheat
Bread ‘Red Fife’
Lois Hoffman is a freelance writer and photographer with over 20 years of experience covering topics related to rural life. She lives on a 37-acre hobby farm in Michigan.