This is how you can make chocolate muffins in an idli maker
Nothing beats the feeling of a melt-in-your-mouth chocolate muffin. However, the idea of cooking the same thing doesn’t seem so exciting, mainly because cooking takes a lot of time and patience. But with most of us at home now, why not bake up these chocolatey wonders and add some sweetness to our day. What if we told you that you can do it in an idli maker? You wonder how? Check it out below.
- 7 tbsp – Milk
- 3 tbsp – Refined sugar
- 3 tbsp – Refined or vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp – Fresh curd
- 3 tbsp – All purpose flour or housemaid
- 3 tbsp – Cocoa powder
- 1/3 tbsp – baking powder
- 1/4 tbsp – Baking soda
- 1 tbsp – Coarsely chopped almonds
- chocolate syrup
* Take a mixing bowl and mix the sugar and refined oil together, whisking until well blended. Now add 3 tablespoons of fresh curd and whisk until you get a thick paste.
*To the mixture, add the other dry ingredients. Add 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour or room maid with 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Don’t forget baking powder and baking soda.
*Finally, add 7 tablespoons of milk to the mixture. Mix well, opt for folding movements. This will release any air bubbles in the mixture.
*Keep mixing until you get a thick paste. Now add the chopped almonds.
* Next, grease the idli maker with oil so that the muffins can be scooped out easily. Add 2 tablespoons of batter to each compartment. Sprinkle more almonds.
* Now gently tap the machine to remove air bubbles and slowly insert into a preheated steamer and close the lid.
*Let it cook for 30 to 40 minutes. Occasionally insert a toothpick to see if it is cooked. If the toothpick comes out clean, your muffins are ready, otherwise wait a bit.
* Scoop muffins with a tablespoon and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Et voilà with your delicious and spongy chocolate muffins!
Will you try this recipe?